Infernus Curculorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Butcher

3 posters

Go down

The Butcher Empty The Butcher

Post by Segovax Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:16 am

The Butcher
Chapter 1: They came from the dark...

Dermanos clenched the gaping wound in his chest, blood pouring from the rent in the blood angels armor mixed with the life blood of brothers and traitors alike, their dying screams haunting him in equal measure as the deranged laughter of their butchers clad in red and brass. The lights flicker overhead in the cramped passageways of the imperial space station ‘Janus’, Dermanos clenched his teeth as he looked down at what his brothers sacrificed themselves for, a data spike with the codes to send out a warning signal his fellow blood angels bellow on Baal itself. Blood dripped insipiently from Dermanos’s nose and ears with renew spikes of hot pain across his entire body ‘dammed heretics!’ he drifted on as he fell to his knees, even his super human body unable to cope with the blood loss of vital arteries and veins. Ahead he could see the terminal, renewed with the strength of purpose he drowned out the screaming behind him and crawled to the terminal leaving a bloody streak behind him as he continued barley able to suppress the black rage which gnawed at the edge of his conscience but he knew that he needed to activate the terminal with his full mind in effect.

The minutes of torturous pain groaned on as hand over hand he came within arms reach of the terminal picking up the data spike he reached up and slotted it into the port with a whirr of servos latching onto the item. But then Dermanos heard it, chains rattling against millennia worn battle plate, the unseen attacker dragged his massive two handed sword along to walls recreating the screams of Dermanos’s brothers as they were torn from this world by his hand and the light finally died.

‘I grew up in this, the dark ’ his words distorted by his vox in his helm but they still carried the raw power that only this chaos lord could command ‘Born in it I toiled with pickaxe and shovel, thousands died in those mines and yet I survived… Because I accepted where I was and grew strong from it’ the blade was now lifted from the wall and Dermanos scrambled to the control switch but a clawed, gauntleted hand stopped him. The strength was immeasurable even to another Astarte, throwing him down the hallway with ease

‘What are you…?’ the words barley able to escape from the dying lips of the blood angel, the giant was barley visible in the low light but Dermanos could make out his towering size and bulk, turning slowly the glowing red light of his gorget, toothed vox amp and lens giving his iconic demonic, scowling helm a molten appearance ‘I’m simply a butcher little angel, who has come to collect his due’ he reached over and activated the switch completing the task of Dermanos. The blood angel coughed up blood with a confused scowl across his face as the world eater made his way towards him ‘below Baal awaits, now ready for you, Butcher!’ the giant picked him up with one arm and hauled the bulk of Dermanos a full foot above the ground with a snarl ‘The world eaters are not afraid of little angels, we shall devour your world and move onto the next, then the next and so on. We are the bleeding wound of the galaxy and we. Will bleed you dry’

the words followed by the pain of the blade piercing Dermanos’s gut, killing him and draining his soul into the weapon “soul render” the last moments of pain, hate and fear forever burning in the vessel of the weapon which only made it more devastating to the Bezerker kings enemy’s. Turning on heel and dropping the blood angels corpse the warlord looked out of a viewing port to the planet below ‘its Segovax, just Segovax’ his unnerving grin hidden behind the helm which scowled at the red moon which only increased in size with every second “Emergency. All personnel leave imminently, crash course with Baal secundus imminent” the servitor voice ignored by Segovax who droved his blade deep into the iron decking, holding on for the ride ‘what a day…’.
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

The Butcher Empty Re: The Butcher

Post by Segovax Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:13 am

Feed back on how good or shite this was will be appreciated so I can improve the next part
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:43 am

well
I love it so far, especially since Segovax reminded me of that guy in the Mad Max movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QI3JH_mPeo

please tell me you'll quote him a bit, it would fit, imo.

Other than that, I love it so far, I also hope to hear some witty lines about the sons of Sangunious knowing their blood and will certanly not run dry of it too fast.

And of course, looking forward to some gruesome, effective and Khornateish deaths brought to us by yours truly.
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 am

Chapter 2 Dire circumstances

‘Incoming distress call, its from Janus’ first officer Heron reported to senior commander Rotan, the busy tapping and conversations between the crew in the command bunker a rhythmic pattern that seemed to never cease in the fortress monastery of the blood angels

‘Show me’ the commander hastily rushed to Heron’s post, seeing the data his eyes opened wide in shock and fear ‘send this to Lord commander Dante, NOW!’

Dante meditated in his personal weapons training arena surrounded by dismantled training servitors, one of the few times he is out of his armor ‘Lord commander, we have a report which you must see now!’ the voice through the chambers vox systems filled with desperation that made the lord commander intrigued ‘put it on hololithic’ the connection went dead as the hololamp creaked and groaned as it extended its ancient dome projector below, bathing the now lightless chamber in a dull blue. The patchy hologram showed thousands of red dots orbiting around Baal secundus, Baal primus listed as unknown, possibly lost’ Dante let out a deep breath and rose to his full height ‘bring me my armor, we have an invasion to prepare for…’.

Inside of the bunker red lights and klaxons bellowed into life warning of the impending invasion, so soon after the tyranic invasion this was expected but not so quickly in the wake of the opening of the great, eye of terror. Heron squinted at his terminal in confusion, tapping the screen to make sure that what he was seeing was not an error ‘Commander, it’s the Janus sir… Its coming closer if this is right’ raising an eyebrow the commander waved for the outside servo skull cameras to project the information to inside. The entire command bunker fell dead silent seeing the giant mass of ship accelerating strait for the fortress ‘Guns and void shields up now!’ Rotan’s voice turning from command into desperation the crew tapped on the terminals the massive guns outside were activated, firing massive ordinance into the plummeting space station tearing chunks of decks and metal away but still it plummeted ever onwards. Behind it thousands of black dots appeared, drop pods and drop ships transporting a horde of bloodthirsty traitors ‘Orders sir?’ the officer asked, unable to look away from the devastation that was arriving ‘Sir?’ turning away he saw Rotan pull out his standard issue las pistol and press the barrel against his temple, tears and fear in his eyes he pulled the trigger and in a flash of light and spray of super heated blood Heron was now the most senior officer in the building.

Segovax smiled he felt the tremors of the guns of Baal itself smash against the hull of Janus, shielding the rest of his army so they can bleed on the ground like men, he saw the void shields flicker to life below and merely smiled at the pointless defenses ‘Blood will flow in your sands little angels, Khorne has shown me it’ the deck suddenly shook violently, suspended for a few seconds as the mighty void shields braced against the weight and force of and entire space station impact but they flash in a brilliant spectrum of light they were torn apart to allow the crash to continue its destined fall, smashing into the outer walls of the fortress monastery and beginning the siege of the fortress of Baal.

Dante watched out from his command deck of the Fortress of Baal the destruction that was now knocking on their door, alone he watched the ancient and violent foe to the sound of servitors spewing statistics and other such data “two thousands vessels of varying size and class have translated to Baal, warriors of the lost 17th legion and other Astarte warbands of the dread enemy lead the horde of daemons and cults of Khorne” the information spat out by the servitor mostly blocked out as the lord commander as he assessed the situation. Watching on as thousands of drops pods descend upon the sands of Baal in balls of fire and fury, blotting out the harsh sun and turning the sky a deep blood red crimson ‘I know you are there Tribune’ turning to the golden armored avatar of Sanguineous, the sanguinor watched the threat mount upon the planet, no emotion upon his golden faceplate.

The sanguinor simply raised his flaming sword to the crashed wreckage of the Janus and to the millions of blood pact and frenzied mutants, which sprawled across the destroyed, sacred bulwark, creating a sickening feeling in his gut. Looking closer with his enhanced eye sight Dante saw a giant of an Astarte stand upon the wreckage of a Rhino, a slain blood drinker space marine upon his tainted blade as he commands the fowl legions of chaos ever onwards into the battle lines ‘The puppet master is revealed then…’ Dante’s words unmet with a reply, turning he found the Sanguinor had vanished, turning back around he watched the giant beast slay another brother in a mighty swing which decapitated the helpless warrior ‘you are the key… And the lock traitor’ activating his vox link to astroath below who was armoring up with the rest of the chapter he gave the order ‘unleash the lost brothers’ Astorath snarled with glee ‘how many?’ Dante let out a deep exhale as he replied ‘all of them, including Lemerates’.
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:08 am

Its a wonderful story, but if you're intending on killing off the Blood Angels, the Tyranids have already beaten you to it ;D
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

http://apothecary-meros.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Yeah, I have discarded some parts of the lore to create my own storu, though not lore friendly it should be awesome
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:19 am

Chapter 3 Blood in the streets

Segovax laughter as he swung wide with his sword, cleaving through the blood angels as they tried their best to pull out form the rapid and savage attack. Behind the flaming, iron corpse of orbital station Janus loomed overhead, guns lighting up bathing the dying light of the sun in blossoms of explosions, which only made the butchers nails itch for more. Ahead the PDF forces were mobilized to cover the retreating blood angels setting up kill zones in over lapping heavy bolter fire which chewed through the ranks of frothing cultists who smiled as their blood slicked the streets into a river an their bodies piled ever higher ‘Onward, In khorne’s name!’ The butcher sprinted through the bolter fire, rounds smashing into cultists beside the lord of Khorne or just barley missing him by either sheer luck or demonic intervention.

The chaos lord leapt into their lines and swung wide, hacking apart the ranks with ease by the dozen, his blood pulsing hard in his temples combined with his twin hearts beating a rapid drum, it drowned out the fighting and the pain of the butchers nails in the butchery ‘finally. Peace’ he whispered as he tore the spinal cord of a commissar out with his bear hand, looking around he had cleared through the PDF platoon in mere seconds, the survivors taking their own lives or paralyzed with fear looking at the truly giant monster covered in a thick layer of blood and organ splatter from their own comrades. The bodies were stacked so high they created a hill that gave the chaos lord a small overlook on the battlefield through the narrow streets of the outer wall of the fortress, looking around he saw that all resistance had been swept aside in the rapid assault, the wash of chaos forked into two spear heads, now it would be glorious he thought hearing the bellows of the famed death company echo out from across the battlefield.

The death company swarmed around Lemartes through the giant gate of the fortress, its dark iron depicting weeping angels upon the massacre of Signus prime drawn back into reality by the death company, their howls of insanity and vengeance only fueling the master of the death company’s hatred, ahead an ocean of howling cultists ran forward through the hails of bolter fire from the ramparts above, but for every howling lunatic put down another took his place a meter closer to the lines. The clever design of the fortress had forced the mindless horde into a narrow neck with the only issue being ammunition and manpower.

Lemartes aimed his bolt pistol and blasted a foaming cultist from his feet, the rest of the Death Company opening fire with every weapon on hand, bolters and bolt pistols roaring the calamity of a high explosive death. But still they came forward “good” Lemartes thought, activating his jump pack and leaping high into the sky, leading the death company with jump packs to follow while the rest held the line with a savage counter charge which shattered bone and spilt blood.  Lemartes reached the highest point that his jump pack would take him, the battleground a mere mass of rushing dots with blooms of distant explosions “For Sanguinius!” he bellowed “FOR SANGUINIUS!” they echoed with a unhinged roar, plummeting into the middle of the mass they smashed into the ground like a crack of black and red thunder.

The pavement blow cracked and was powdered; men were thrown in all directions like leaves in a rough gale and men died under their boots all before a single marine had even swung a blade. Lemartes swung the mighty blood Crozius in wide arcs, smashing bone and flesh to an unrecognizable pulp. Looking in the deranged eyes of these lunatics he saw them lose faith in their blood god now that the ground forces of the death company powered on through the masses with unmatched fury and hatred in order to meet up with their jump pack brothers, heads and limps flying as organs and innards were torn and carved out in a messy display that was unrecognizable from the orchestra of war commanded by their brothers in pure red.

Lemartes lost himself in the melody of butchery, his rage demanding more and more to be smashed apart, leading the death company further and further into enemy lines, killing any who dared face the company of death, for every brother who fell two hundred of their number were butchered, but their vengeance had a price I the form of ignoring the lord commanders orders and running right into the trap of the arch enemy. Soon the company was surrounded by the mounds of dead and suicidal khrone bezerkers, their fury matching the death company who were out numbered, ending multiple duels in a mess of savage but decisive blows. Lemartes fought back control over his mind from the black rage but realized too late what is happening, smashing a crazed Khorne bezerker aside, which the blood Crozius he saw the arch traitor of the invasion approach.

I see him now, the lone angel drawn in by his rage, it makes me laugh how they think that were the blood thirsty monsters of old night, unthinking and insane with the only option being to lock it up in a cage and throw away the key. Yet they run into the cage of free will with the lure of blood, I see the legendary Lemartes, the chaplains Crozius earning the blood in its name as it’s crackling power field sizzles, cooking the blood which soaks the iron in a wash of crimson. Now alone and surrounded by my hounds I pull back the lead, challenging the warrior ‘I always wanted to kill another legend Lemartes!’ the chaplain simply growled and activated his jump pack, slamming into me tossing us back out into the corpse choked street in full sight of the stalwart Blood angels who watched on not wanting to accidently shoot their chaplain in the duel.

My blade smashes the ground as he uses his jump pack to out maneuver me, crumpling my armor with strikes from his Blood Crozius blood foams around my mouth as I hear the cracking of my bones under the thunderous impacts, each swing of my blade just missing the high Chaplin by hair breadths. Finally he slams into me again with his jump pack sending me tumbling to my knees. My sword fallen far out of my grasp I lay on all fours as lemartes approaches to give the final killing blow, his breath heavy through his vox amplifier. I hear his armor click as he raises his arms to strike me down forever and I close my eyes ‘peace at last…’ I whisper but then I hear her, a memory of blood on my face, her blood and her dead eyes starring back at me with pity. Rage and adrenaline shoot through my body and I let go, the old mission of dying on Baal as a legend dissipates and all I see is red.

The chaplain swings down and I dodge the blow, putting his full strength and weight in the blow I smash my fist across his now unprotected helm with all my fury, I hear it crack and see it shatter under the impact. He stumbles and I kick the mace from his weakening grip, picking him up with ease I roar one word ‘Isabella!’ her name only fueling my fire more I tear the chaplain from his jump pack throwing him into the side of a burning Rhino which collapses around Lemartes, bathing him in the flames. I pick up soul render and feel its power feeding off of my hatred, Lemartes stumbles from the burning rhino, his armor aflame burning away his purity seals and searing his exposed flesh under his heavily damaged armor. He reaches out a hand out which I slice off with ease, following up with a last strike across the torso toppling the chaplain from his lower half in a fountain of gore, I bellow like an uncontrolled animal and sprint for the corpse but am blocked by the enraged form of Astorath the red.

‘Traitor!’ he spits as he cleaves down with his axe, I snarl swiping up to meet the weapon with my own. The two weapons connected shattering Astorath’s axe apart in a spark of power field meeting demonic metal, Astorath is thrown back but rises picking up the fallen Blood Crozius but the lord commanders voice warns him otherwise over the vox ‘Back to the inner fortress now, the rest is lost’ Astorath sees two sanguiory guard grab the top half of Lemartes flying off on wings of fire, Astorath follows seeing the Bezerker king being dragged back with chains by his own men who struggled against the furious animal who tastes for the blood of the sons of Sanguinius.

Dante looks down at half of Lemartes, the greatest chaplain to ever lead the chapter in the 1100 years Dante had been with the chapter. His heavy breathing labored as his body, held together by rage and super human ability slowly died. Astorath held the Crozius tightly in his grip, his rage at being denied the fight with the arch traitor bringing a scowl of anger across his pale face; beside him Mephiston stood silently watching with the pain of loss unable to be imprinted across his cold features. Lemartes pointed a single finger to Astorath and said his last words to the lord of the dead ‘Chaplain… Chaplain, high…’ with that his hand went limp and hearts pumped their last, his only exposed eye from the fractures in his helm closed forever. The lords of the blood angels bowed their heads in honor of the fallen, one of the sanguioury guard present attempting to take off his death mask but his hand held still by Dante’s

‘He always worn the helm, he died in it so he will be buried in it’ letting go of the hand he looked over to Astorath and nodded ‘High chaplain, the last of the death company have fallen but the brothers upon the walls need your guidance in these dark times’ Astorath’s scowl cooled down as he looked upon the remains of the chaplain being ferried away ‘for the chapter… Lord commander’

Dante nodded once again as he left to look out upon the battlements the devastation the first day had brought upon defiant Baal. Fires burned the larger outer walls of the fortress and the makeshift ram of a space station, bodies stack higher than a dreadnought crushed dead brothers under their weight and yet still above more and more drop pods and ships descended to off load their troops across the blood red sky of a dying sun ‘Its quiet… but for how long?’ night fell upon Baal but the fiery glow of the bonfires of dead corpses lit the fortress of Baal up as a beacon to the artillery bombardments of the blood pact stolen gun battery’s ‘Its time isn’t it’ the sanguinary guard behind him responded confused ‘for what my lord?’ Dante left the battlements to the lower depths of the fortress where the teleportation chambers where held ‘for a counter attack brother’.
The Butcher Tumblr_onmwpnu1hQ1vjjcaco1_1280
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

The Butcher Empty Chapter 4 Counter attack

Post by Segovax Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:22 am

Chapter 4 Counter attack

The ranks of blood pact artillery ranged from small 15 pounders to the huge goliath mobile artillery bastions which shook the very ground with their ordinance, roars of delight and testosterone fuelled destruction waved across the thousands of men as they loaded and maintained the flaming, dragon mouthed guns in their constant bombardment of the fortress of Baal through the night. The fields were dry and dead like the winds, shattered by blasts of gun fire followed by a blossoming explosion a few kilometers away which lit up the night to reveal the horrors of this war in steeped corpses of men and Astarte. Progressively the air went quiet, the men could all feel it and stopped firing, their teeth on edge, vibrating with growing intensity. Suddenly hundreds of holes into reality were opened blinding the blood pact legions with the view into the immaterial, the screams of the dammed and dishonored calling out in the realm of madness but its what came through the portal that put fear into them, the outlines of giant golden angels of vengeance of blood.

The opening volleys simultaneous with one another as the training of the warrior elite kicked in high gear, blood and explosions of thousands of bolter rounds coloured the dry desert, confusion of the blood pact giving time for the blood angels to reap vengeance on their enemy for the earlier days insults.

Dante led their angels and terminators, which stormed the main gun battery of the traitors, laying into the men with his axe which hissed as the blood boiled across its ancient surface. But the main objective was still to be achieved and the terminators armed with power fists and Sanguinary guard with melta charges dismantled every heavy gun in sight, ammo storage units, gun barrels and weapon breaches where melted or smashed away in the haze of the night raid but the Blood pact enforcers had reorganized their scattered men and now they pushed back ‘For Khorne!’ they chanted unleashing devastating volleys of bolter and las gun fire which over whelmed the Terminator and sanguinary guard unable to find cover ‘Take us back, we have destroyed the guns!’ Dante commanded over the vox before teleporting away in a haze of warp energy leaving a smoking battlefield of dead blood pact and the scattered blood angel elite felled in the fifteen minute engagement.

Dante was now back in the catacombs of Baal, the entire terminator and sanguinary Guard of the chapter ‘My lord, we have minimal losses but reports have displayed the entire gun battery washed in flames without a single gun remaining’ the Terminator captain’s enthusiasm for the success lost to Dante as he wiped a brothers blood from his shoulder pad ‘A victory that will only stem the tide, but I’m afraid that we must do more if this is to destroyed the traitors before our gates’.

Segovax awoke starring up a dark sky, he tries to move but finds his been clamped down with heavy adamantine plating
‘Free, me, Now’ the words filled with a wavering hatred that was recovering. A blood stained white boot stepped over him and undone to clamps and spoke with the old Astarte Noctis’s harsh tone, clipped as those of the original War hounds had it ‘You can finally speak coherent sentences? Guess that means you past the red rage then’ Freed Segovax painfully gets up and holds up his weight upon a smoldering Chimera ‘well looks like the old mission is gone then Segovax, to die gloriously upon the sands of a worthy warriors home world. And yet…’ Segovax spins around renewed with spit as the nails clamp down on his brain with painful stabs ‘the mission still stands Noctis! Just that I want to see the death of this dammed chapter with my own eyes as I die’ Noctis takes a step closer as he speaks ‘Its her wasn’t it, the nightmares’ Noctis was stopped by the Bezerker king as he spat in his face and picked up the Old warriors high above the ground “DO NOT DARE!” looking around Segovax sees the burning fires of what was support to be gun battery’s, Noctis whispered through his constricted throat ‘I… Had… To… Bring … Reinforcements, siege experts’ Segovax looks down at the war hound his face constricting with rage as he hears the Warp part behind him followed by a grizzled, flemy voice ‘Segovax, how long has it been… Millennia?’ turning Segovax sees the black and iron with hazard stripes of the iron warriors atop terminator plate and the horrifically head of Herandu.

The warriors skin disfigured into a vaguely reshaped human face after some terrible trauma and his voice box damaged crushed by a foot but his resilient will of iron pulled him through and now it seems by the look of his large guard of siege terminators bearing large missile pods upon their backs he has erected himself a warband. Dropping the muttering Noctis Segovax approaches Herandu step by step, his face lost between disbelief and rage ‘you look like you need some help and I can provide it World eater, say for all of the gene stocks for my own purposes, fair?’

The world eater pulls back a scarred lip to reveal his brass fangs ‘Do you not remember Herandu?’ the iron warrior angels his head and reply’s ‘What would that be?’ the giant bears down on the bulky form of Herandu ‘I gave you that voice after you mouthed off to me too much, I gave you that face after you tried to kill me on Terra. Now you arrive at my greatest triumph and try to take piece for your own?’ Herandu’s tone changes to a scowl since his face can no longer form basic emotions ‘And yet it will become your greatest defeat with not enough artillery to batter the doors down Sego’.

The butcher king tightens his fists as he feels the nails sink deep into his brain ‘DON’T. CALL ME THAT’ the terminator guard all at once level their guns and prepare to blast the angry giant into the warp, but all are lowered when Herandu waves his hand ‘so a yes lord of Khorne?’ Segovax storms off kicking a chunk of rockrete shattering it in two while Noctis approached the iron warriors ‘that is right Iron warrior, we have an attack beginning tomorrow so I hope you can open a breach for us’ Herandu simply smiles at the sentence ‘well lets get started’ in the distance hundreds of drop pods plummet below the first wave smashing just outside the walls launching their massive pay load of ordinance into the defenders positions to cover the reinforcing men and space marines who dropped below.
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:28 am

Chapter 5 Bitter Iron

The iron curtain of reinforced cerimite and plasteel finally after a period of 24hrs of constant bombardment, finally gave way, the plumes of smoke risign high into the air as the chunks of debri hurtled below. With the breaches in the mighty walls the roar of thousands of cultists drowned out the echo of the explosions of the fighting, their mad rush through the gaps in the walls met with a another mighty bulwark of bolters and chain blades, the high explosiove rounds tearing great channels in the river of crazed men, drowning those blood angels who were separate from their squads in the heaving tides. Behind them the real warriors of this war cut through the chaff, their blood lust staining their armor a bright crimson against their brass armor. Tearing into the overwhelmed blood angels with the unrelenting fury that could only be brought on by a service to a dark god and whipped into insanity of the butcher’s nails.

Brother Corbulo rallied the blood angel forces holding the red grail high in the air as the devastators set up in the bastions behind him opened up with their plasma cannons, melting swaths of the cultist tide in superheated balls of plasmic flame leaving only charred, screaming skeletons behind. Corbulo swung his chainsword low and dsiembowled a  frothing bezerker before coming up to decapitate the world eater “To me brothers!” he roared over the constant, deep thud of the plasma cannon discharge above the roar of bolters and bloodied chainswords. Beside the chief apothecary another brother was dragged away by a bezerker and torn in half by the unhinged strength of the warrior.

Helmetless the warriors face was bloodied and had the look of being under the scaple one too many times, charging straight for Corbulo the warrior was thrown from his feet as Astroath’s newly acquired blood crozius, pulping the warriors skull and brains in the deciding strike ‘Where is Dante?’ asked Corbulo, urgency present in his voice but dissipated as he heard the scream of descending jump packs. Deep in the enemy lines bodies were thrown aside and pulped as Dante and his sanguinary guard landed, spraying hot jets of burning promethium from flamers and hand flamers they cleared a section of the enemy ranks before entering the fray with a calm and controlled butchery, swinging their blades in overlapping arcs that assured each enemy target was hit at least twice to assure a kill, but then he enters through the smoldering ruins of the main breach.

Segovax steps over the ruined corpses of the many men and astartes who died attacking or defending this last bastion, the nails bite deep in his brain once again and he clenches the haft of soul render tight, bellowing out the telegraphed message of the nails endless blood thirst “Slaughter them, all of them!” bounding forward towards the circle of golden angels Segovax sees their leader in the flesh, his masked helm of gold hollow and empty as his eyes. One of the sanguinary guard lept forward ‘thinks he can stop the entire damnation of his chapter in one blow?’ segovax thinks to himself as he meets the encarmine axe head with his daemonic blade, shattering the weapon in pieces as the hopes of the warrior to save his chapter ‘I’am afraid your brothers have been dammed long before I set a foot upon this dead world’ the words the last thing heard by the blood angel as the blade tore through his armor with a scream of rent open armor, its red contents spilling out as the soul of the warrior was taken by the blade and added to the growing library of slain inside of the blade, the butcher king wades through the golden body guards to their charge.

As the battle grew in intensity the iron warriors advanced through the breach alongside their more tenacious cousins, unleashing waves of merciless heavy weapons fire into the rallying troops of the blood angels, quickly becoming an easily attackable clump, their close proximity making the missile launchers hauled by the hulking chaos dreadnoughts deadly.

In the defensive bastions the heavy weapons teams attempted to cut down the enemy weapons teams but mysterious and catastrophic plasma overheat’s near the stored munitions lead to the destruction of the bastions in great plumes of smoke and ash, great slabs of rockrete falling down from above to crush those below with its decent. But still the mosh pit of combat droned on, blood gushed from open wounds of the wounded while the dead were crushed beneath armored boot “Hold the line sons of Sanguinous!’ Corbulo’s attempts to maintain order met with nothing but the unorganized symphony of chaos, suddenly the apothecary had his foresight trip him, moving aside as a krak missile missed him by mere inches, detonating behind him and showering him in shrapnel but not killing him. But the sound of the tearing of the veil behind him made him realize what was happening.

‘Are you lost angel?’ turning Corbulo met the guns thirty terminators, before he could even, level his bolt pistol hundreds of combi bolter shots tore him apart in a withering storm that chewed his armor and flesh to pieces, the hand he leveled to protect his face nothing more than a stump. After a few seconds the gunfire stopped and the terminators fanned out, one planted the iron warriors banner in the soil soaked in the blood of his brothers who once eyes were full of hope but now had blank stares that dilated as they were whisked away on the winds of this chaos. One of the warriors approached Corbulo and leveled his combi bolter, the melta attachment between the eyes of the apothecary, looking up to see a horribly disfigured face ‘you will never win, traitor’ giving what is the closest thing to a smile the chaos lord replied ‘we already have, this is but a show for the gods’ without a further word the chaos lord blasted the top half of the apothicary’s head off with the melta shot, charring the flesh and soil beneath the shots arc.

Segovax killed another sanguiory guard with a cleaving strike from collar to groin, the jets of blood hot against his face but cooling his abused nerve endings ‘is this all the sons of the great Sanguinious can provide?’ the challenge met by the distainful reply of the chapter master Dante ‘I was about to ask the same of Angron, world eater’ Segovax widened out his arms in a mock embrace of the lord commander ‘we meet finally, and in my home no less’ his blade angled to the raging battle, shaking his head Dante gripped his power axe tight and lept forward using his jump pack to propel him onward into the raging bezerker.

Swinging his blade in a tight arc Segovax snarled which almost made Dante snigger at the world eater so easily telegraphing his attack, weaving through the attack and leveling his magna pistol to the bezerkers head ‘too easy’ the lord of the blood angels thought but then he saw it, the leg positioning of the bezeker was against Dante and now he was about to pay the price, kicking Dante and sending him off balance the bezerker King saw his chance and took it, blow after blow sent Dante reeling back as deep tears in his armor and flesh along side last second parries.

Thrown to his knees by a savage shoulder barge Dante lay on his back, his weapons out of reach he starred up at the giant with mixed emotions of hate and respect,  ‘So the golden god bleed’ the warriors words filled with joy at the coming execution that would send his name on into history ‘get it over with then’ sneered Dante as his last act of defiance. Not arguing Segovax complied and held his sword high before descending it upon his helpless opponent but had the weapon blocked by a gleaming blade that forced the chaos lord to squint to avoid the light. Looking up at another mask of gold, cast in the image of the angels of old Terra Segovax attempted to kill the glimmering savior but it had dissipated into the winds before the blow could come. Turning back around the Khorne lord saw Dante back on his feet, his power axe in one hand and an encarmine blade in the other. His jump pack badly damaged and discarded among the piles of dead brothers which he would avenge, here and now.

The two ran at each other once again, muscle and servo’s propelling the warriors into the epic duel, the world eater filled with rage for being defied the offering to Khorne that he thirsted for he attacked first, the ancient blades wielded by Dante straining against the raw power of Soul render as they parried and weaved the relentless jabs and swings away. Dante after being thrown aside by the strength of his opponent jumped back to his feet ‘were you always an unloved creature?’ Segovax stopped in his footsteps as the words struck deep, the woman telling him that long ago when they first met.

His moment of pause utilized by Dante who cleaved aside Segovax’s daemon weapon, plunging the encarmine blade deep into the warriors thigh, brought back into the present with jabs of hot pain in his leg Segovax punched Dante in the face, the plate bending and deforming under the pressure. Dropping the power axe but the hatred held by Dante against this abomination of Astarte genetic material was strong and the chapter master recovered quick from the blow, pulling out the encarmine blade he plunged it once again deep in the warriors chest, blood squirting out from the wound Segovax attempted to rip it free from his body but before he could Dante hauled the giant up using every ounce of strength in his body.

His armors Servos grinding and some even bursting against the strain Dante rallied what was left of the blood angels to push out the Iron warriors and world eaters who were shocked to see their lord so defeated and at the breach Dante brought the warrior down upon his knee breaking the back of the monster who rolled down the hill of smoldering rubble. Recovered by his loyal blood pact who held off the vengeful blood angels with waves of las fire he was dragged away by Noctis who was busy barking orders to the world eaters to sound a retreat for the blunted spear head.
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:20 am

Any thoughts of recommendations for the rest of the story?
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:35 am

Chapter- 5 Weeping angels
Dante walked among the field of dead, thousands died atop eachother in the breach a piling up ontop of one another in a truly lost battle. The lord commanders heart sinking as he saw Corbulo among the dead, his head blown away in a melta gun burst ‘One among a field of dead brother… How many Chaplain’ Astorath, still panting from the ferocity of the battle grimaced as he spoke ‘including the sucessors, three companies of battle brothers, we lost four hundred in the fighting. They had also broken another breach in the south side which caught us off guard’ Dante took a step forward and felt his boot crunch as bone and flesh gave way under his foot ‘I did not see Mephiston, where is he?’ Astorath look off into the distance ‘come with me, its better if I show you’.

Dante followed the lord of the death company deep into the catacombs beneath Baal and into a seal chamber, inside the lord of death sat curled on the stone floor. His flesh ghostly white as his hair and his face more like a week old dead mans than a son of sanguineous

‘Lord commander…’ his words labored and strained, a line of blood running down his left eye Dante narrowed his eyes and knelt ‘what has happened to you?’ Mephiston grimaced as he looked up into the emotionless, gold death mask of Dante ‘We were holding back the daemonic influence the traitor brought with their rage…’ guesturing to the sealed, marble coffins set aside, ‘Now only I remain… Who knows how long I have left. The great enemy pushes against my defenses, revenge for what our father had done on Signus. Kabandah comes, and his arrival will be soon’ Dante stood before his old fiend nodded ‘Then this is it, the last stand’ Mephiston grimaces as another shot of pain spears deep into his brain, but this time it was the worst yet, his mind pushed to the limits Mephiston had to let go.

For the blood father

Segovax awoke yet again, his bones broken and blood seeping through dozens of wounds across his body. Looking around he saw that he was in a command tent, he was sat upon his treasured throne of brass and skulls in imitation of his god, his armor was stripped to the waist with bloody rags sagging off his muscular body, he noticed that his commanders and captians were arrayed before him ‘Who sounded the retreat?’ his voice deep and full of anger.

One stepped forward ,Noctis, he reeked of fear ‘we were broken upon the blood angel fortress we…’ The words lost to a suffocating whimper as the chaos lords hand shot out ringing the neck of the commander with a twist of the massive hand of the Butcher. All stepped back as their lord rose from his throne, tearing his bloody rages from his body his wounds sealed themselves into pink scars across his broad chest, his bones snapped and cracked as otherworldly forces fused them back into place. Picking up his snarling daemon helm and sealing it upon his head he picked up his great sword and bellowed louder than anything his size had a right to be “I DEMAND BLOOD” swinging his blade in wide sweeping arcs he painting the tent in red and sounded the slaughter to come with the helpless and pained screams of the ex commanders.

The iron warriors and Blood angels watched on in stunned horror as the Astarte bezerkers of the world eaters killed every mortal they could find “Purge the weakness!” their lord bellowed as he descened into blood thirsty insanity. But with their deaths daemons rose from the great lakes and pools of blood in the traitor camps, legions of red skinned horrors freshly armed from the forges of the blood god they followed sprinted forward into the ranks of the loyalist guns which were not prepared for such a sudden and aggressive attack, among the red skinned horrors the world eaters followed their master and stripped their armor to their legs leaving their chest and arms bear “The Butcher demands blood!” the yell of Segovax unleashing their pent up rage and fury which was only empowered in the presence of their lord to unnatural levels.

Blood angels fought and died at the breach, their makeshift repaires of the breaches torn down by the ravening hordes which killed every warrior they found with a mass of daemonic blades. Segovax took the lead cutting warriors apart with Soul render and tearing others apart with his bear hands now that he was empowered to supernatural levels by the Blood god. A dreadnought marches forward, its dreadnought fists bellowing forth great torrents of flame which set the khornate warriors alight but their blood lust forces them forward, five using their bezerker strength they pin the great machine to the ground while Segovax leaps atop the great war machine, immobalising its right arm with soul render the butcher grabs the sealed sarcophagus and uses every ounce of strength earned from the blood god.

Tearing the reinforced lid and tossing the slab of iron Segovax grabs the wounded Blood angel inside, looking into the hateful eyes of the deformed warrior he raises him high above his head and tears him in half with a wet snap which bathes him in warm blood, the feeling on his skin only sending him further into the blood rage, above the great bell of Baal rings out for the first time in history, the fortress of Baal is over run, awash in a sea of red where friend and foe are lost in the blood letting which only summons more of the children of the blood father. The Iron warriors advance as well keeping a distance from their crazed cousins, mopping up all resistance as they proceed into the great depths below Baal.

The fighting grew fiercer the further down the horde proceeded, astartes died by the dozens as bolters were dropped and chain weapons drawn but with a few hours the iron warriors had made it to the Gene seed stores of Baal. The warsmith approaching the great banks of the noble sons of Sanguinious ‘With this we can create many warriors, and I will ascend to deamon hood finally!’ the warsmith stopped as he heard the incoherent snarls and growls of the world eaters, blood slick across their bear arms and torsos their weapons chained to their arms as their father had done during the great heresy, the iron warrior and his men finally realized what was happening and the triumphant smirk and tone of Herandu dissipated into the purest fear their ever was and will be, an astartes fear ‘Sego.. Pleas..’ The heaving chest of the giant among demi gods heaved as he spoke

‘I promised a dead chapter, down to the gene seed’ bellowed one last sending the ears of the iron warriors ringing “FOR THE BLOOD FATHER!” barreling forward the savage hacks and stabs of the world eaters met with the frantic overwatch shots of the iron warriors which did little to save them from their doom, the iron warrior warsmith’s skull torn from his terminator armour by the Butcher who held the still twitching head high above the slaughter and towards his blood father who watched with pleased eyes. The fight raged on but the purpose of the butcher was set, slashing his way through the mob he found a flamer and leveled the weapon ‘I came to see a chapter die’ unleashing the burning sterams of promethium into the gene banks, the flesh cooking and combusting from the blistering heat.
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum