Infernus Curculorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Bar (Classic Bar Thread)

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Black Bar (Classic Bar Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Black Bar (Classic Bar Thread)

Post by Falco Sanders Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:28 pm

"You know Nostraman? Our own resident linguist eh?" Falco smiles and enlarges the picture of the planet, drawing up the information on it. "Yeah, what about it? Fair distance from any imperial worlds, but not so far we couldn't visit it... 17 and a half hours for a rotation, 612 Terran days to orbit its star... Typical composition, breathable atmosphere... relatively benign flora and fauna... mostly a desert world by the looks, lots of mesas and sand dunes except for the poles... Oh. Ork activity recorded 612.M40, which was when the last survey was done. What do you think?"
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

The Black Bar (Classic Bar Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Black Bar (Classic Bar Thread)

Post by senera2000 Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:30 pm

"Can't directly place my finger on it, but you just have that look. You know the look that tells me that you aren't exactly a devout loyalist. Plus, you being in a place like this isn't helping your case either." Notre says to the apothecary, as Notre moves away from the counter and stands resting on the edge of the doorway to the back room.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:37 pm

"It's worth a shot." He nods, while sending sharp glances to Notre off to the side.

"You also happen to currently be in a place like this. Where do your loyalties lie?" Meros asks the human, pacing the tired floorboards and scooping his wine from Runa's table.
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

http://apothecary-meros.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:48 pm

"I can have the Gravus overhead and ready to go in a few days. We'll check it out then."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:21 pm

"What's our order of business the meantime, then?"
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:43 pm

It looks like a good enough spot, we should have a look. I may be able to get a small force of guardsmen from the Vale system brought in to help.
Norabder
Norabder

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:49 pm

"if you tell me where your ship is, I could get it ready by tomorrow potentially. " She pulls out several ring, two bracelets, and a necklace, all silvery. The necklace has an ankh as a pendant, with a sickly green gem in the center of the loop
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:37 pm

"It's orbiting above the planet I believe. Standard galactic plane inclination, circular orbit of 238,000Km. If you can get it ready so soon, I'd be glad and... we'd be off. In the meantime... I suppose we need a navigator, unless somebody here is one? My last one... *Ahem* He's not doing so well after such a strenuous journey here."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:26 pm

"I couldn't really help you out there. A psyker or sorcerer would also be able to allow safe travel through the warp, though. Does your regiment possess a psyker, Falco?"
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:27 pm

"Nope... This is a hive though... they've got navigator guilds right?"
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:32 pm

"We can probably steal one without anyone noticing."
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:35 pm

"Heck we can probably hire one... Or buy one if the guild's willing. We've probably got some trinkets worth a navigator's ransom stowed away right? I've got a few old bits and pieces from my travels any passing collector would offer quite a few thrones for..."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:34 pm

"My loyalties lie with the Emperor,....and grandfather Nurgle. Mostly the imperium though."
"Your suggestion to mess with the navigator guilds though definitely confirms that you are definitely not a loyalist though. Now... The question is... Are you on the side of the heretic pieces of horseshit?"
Senera replies to the now confirmed to be non loyalist Apothecary.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:05 am

Falco slowly turns to Notre, squares himself up to him and paces forth to stand inches before his face.
"So let me get this straight... you come in here, a stranger, and insult everybody in the bar in turn. Then, you declare yourself a Heretic beyond any form of redemption by claiming allegiance to one of the false gods of chaos... then you have the gaul to claim that this noble Astartes is anything but one of the emperor's finest servants? If I were you.. I would get walking now. Both of us have killed many a man for less."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:32 pm

"It's alright Commissar, I'm hardly insulted by what I've already heard time and time again. And technically, he's correct: by the decree of the High Lords we are all traitors." Meros offers Notre a seat between him and Runa at the table, and the one opposite to Falco. "Let us talk, like gentlemen... and cat-woman."
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Notre immediately starts laughing. And attempts to reply to Falco through the laughter. "Hahaha! pfttt.. NOBLE! pfffffpfpfpfpff Yep! Oh, great Noble Astartes bastard who kidnap defenseless Navigators! pffffpfpfpft.."

After at least half a minute of laughter, Notre faces the commissar seriously.
"Arite. Let's stop kidding for a moment.." Notre waits a few seconds to analyze the Commissar, and continues... "Commissar...(He says in the most sarcastic tone possible) the astartes isn't exactly a fine servant of the Emperor. And yes, I have the gall to call out this astartes on his bullshit. Because it's the truth. What I've seen and heard clearly confirms that you put your needs ahead of that of the Emperor of Mankind."

"You're alright though. You actually don't seem to want to kidnap Navigators." Notre gives a kind pat on the wannabe Commissar's shoulder and makes the "I'm watching you" gesture to the astartes by placing the first two fingers of his right hand at where his eyes should be on his gas mask and then pointing his index finger at the Apothecary.

Notre takes the seat offered to him and sits on it. He then puts up both of his legs on the table and tilts the chair so that only two of its four legs are touching the ground. He then finds a comfortable position and locks his arms in a crossed position. However, a skilled eye may notice that when needed he could simply push down with his feet and roll backwards to make a quick escape when needed.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:19 pm

"I'll speak plainly." His robed form transforms from a stark white to an abyss-shaded silhouette, as Notre finds the Marine's bulk obscures the light behind him. "I find it rather insulting that you wish to judge my entire character based off of barely 5 minutes of interaction. You have no idea who I am, nor do I have any idea who you are. Maybe we can help each other out. You first."
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Falco walks over to the corner, using a vox bead to communicate to one of his men on the planet, asking him to go hire a navigator from one of the houses.
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Runa warps off, and starts getting the ship ready. None of the sailors question the authority of a Lord Inquisitor.

An Eldar Ranger steps from the shadows and looks at Notre "you claim to follow both the Imperium and the dark god Nurgle. How is this possible? A true follower of either would burn you where you stand for your blasphemy."
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:47 am

Notre looks at the Eldar ranger that just popped up "Oh it's possible knife ears. I mean, both Imperials and nurglites have tried to kill me. Emphasis on the tried, but it's really hard to kill me. But hey, there are people who actually welcome a helping hand when you praise the Emperor hard enough. I've fought alongside several Imperial Guard regiments and with a few astartes chapters as well."

He then looks at the Apothecary,
"An introduction eh? Fair enough. Now... where do I start? Hmm... well..." Notre thinks for a few seconds and begins his answer. "The name's Notre Amicus. Former Imperial noble on a hive whose name I cannot remember. Now, Nurgle assassin with a severe Imperial bias so biased that I don't get assigned tasks that fuck with the Imperium. I also fight for the Imperium when I get the chance. What I specialize in assassinating are agents of other Chaos Gods. Trust me, Nurgle may have beef with the Imperium but he has beef with the other Chaos pieces of shit just as much, and I am here to ruin their day.
What am I doing here you ask? Well... it's a long story, but lemme condense it. So.. I had some free time off from killing high-value chaos bastards so I took on a job to get some cash. It was supposed to be a simple job to steal some helmet. First mistake: the job was for a slanneshi. Now, before you go asking 'Are you FUCKIN STUPID?!' or doing the 'You idiot' slow clap, hear me out. She seemed nice. And yes I realize that all your remarks about that being an absolutely stupid idea are all correct. Heed my warning. Mark my fukin words. Do not. I repeat do not trust slanneshi. They will betray you for no goddamn reason.
So long story short. I go to an Imperial planet looking for the helmet. The fukin Slanneshi accompanies me. I meet a Commissar and try to convince him to tell me where the damn helmet is. It almost works. Then the bloody slanneshi busts in dressed as an inquisitor and starts killing the commissar. The disguise was good, so I tried to save the poor commissar and honestly just ended up tapping gently on the bitch's arm with the butt of my chain-sword. Like this."
Norte then takes out his chain sword and slightly taps on the Marine's arm using the back of it. And continues his story.
"So the bitch goes postal on me and betrays me and shoots me in the face. For no fucking reason... So I got resurrected by 'papa' Nurgle; with the help of a salty, sad and pissed off sod who got his 2nd favourite character killed off by the GM for no apparent reason, who suspended my warp travel privileges, and cut off my living nuke status; Which is actually kind of a plus for me I guess. Certainly makes me a hell of a lot shittier at fighting though. The shitty thing is that I got stuck with a kill list of 1000 bastards in return for my life. It isn't too bad though, since all of them are filthy heretics who need to be purged in the name of the Emperor. So here I am, tracking number 111 on the list. I got some info that the Tzeenchian frack is somewhere in this hive. I'm currently waiting on my contact."

Notre takes a deep breath and ruminates. "You know, it's funny. I ran a greater daemon of Khorne over a cliff with Land Raider; Firing every gun at it and getting off the land raider and also stabbing the bastard in the face with my chain-sword of course, and killed both it and a heldrake flying below in the process. I even destroyed a chaos air craft while in an assault bike in mid air. Heck, I even beat the crap out of 10 Chaos Space marines with a chainsword. Being a living bio weapon did help a lot there. And how do I get killed? Betrayal. Fucking betrayal man. Fucking traitors. One of these days, I'm going to kill that pink haired bitch with the tentacle. Mark my words. And it ain't gonna be pretty. One of these I'm going to crash a damn Imperial Frigate into the bastard's ship. Let's see how the fucks deal with good old fashioned unreasoning Imperial Faith and Zeal"
With that, Notre ends his story.
"So, how about you?" He says to the apothecary.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:31 am

The light peels over his right shoulder while Meros leans back, revealing his grim smile, rimmed with fangs. "I won't exaggerate myself, so forgive me if this tale is brief: I am Meros, a legionary from a millennium long since passed. After my 'death' I remained a dormant spirit for ten thousand years. I know not how I returned, but I have a feeling the answer lies with the elusive figure branded 'The Red Angel'. Be aware that, while it may not carry much weight outside the chapter, I am a hero of mythic status within the Blood Angels chapter. Yet I never found the opportunity to return, and now, it seems impossible for me to touch the sands of Baal once more without feeling the wrath of Imperial injustice."
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:28 am

Falco finishes his conversation over the Vox and whispers something in Meros ear before going to the bar and getting another drink.
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 am

"Good. I should armour up." Meros replies, while standing. "I could use a second pair of hands for this, if someone is willing."
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:43 pm

"HAHA! So we're both dead fucks walking" Notre replies to Meros with a hearty laugh.
"And you're right, I don't really care about who the Blood Angels consider a mythic hero. What I know is, heroes don't tend to go about kidnapping Navigators. I hear heroes are more of the 'standing in front of desperate of fuking odds defending the innocent' type"
Notre then waits till Falco finishes giving Meros the news, and replies to Meros after he speaks.
"You talking to me? Lemme see.." Notre holds up his hand and checks his wrist which doesn't have a chronometer. "Note to self. Buy a friggin chronometer." He then turns to Meros. "In any case, my contact is not due for some time. So I have a bit of free time, so I might be willing to help you."
"The question is, What do I get in return? Since the warm and fuzzy feeling of doing the right thing or helping the Imperium is unavailable."
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:11 pm

"Let it go about the bloody Navigator." Meros snarls. "And if you want something in return, you can have the promise that I won't crush your skull beneath my boot once we've finished."
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum