Infernus Curculorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edolons of the Shade Dominion

4 posters

Go down

Edolons of the Shade Dominion Empty Edolons of the Shade Dominion

Post by Lucan Tyrius Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Overview
A psychically potant quadrapedal Xenos race native to the planet of Equinox, the Edolons are intelligent, shrewd, and very territorial creatures. Physically imposing, on all fours an average Edolon is around six feet from feet to the top of the head, though larger specimens exist, namely females and Alphas who can be as tall as eight or nine feet.

They make great use of precision telekinesis and machine drones to carry out tasks normally difficult for a quadrapedal race, though their forelegs do have fully articulated hand-like shapes with two clawed fingers and opposable "thumbs", also clawed.

The Edolons are slow to colonize new worlds, due to their carefully controlled reproduction cycle. Equinox is tidally locked with it's sun, meaning one side is always shrouded in night, and the other is always boiling with seas of liquid stone.

Edolons evolved on the twilight zone, and often hunt prey on the "dark" side. Their bodies generate incredible heat, and their wispy, hair-like manes have strong bioluminescent shines, meant to distract prey, and confuse predators.

Their eyes are designed to be able to see incredibly well in low light, but also withstand normal daylight conditions, like those similar to their twilight home. They are even able to see in the ultraviolet spectrum.

Though some would try to classify them as reptiles, or even bugs, they defy classification as they have to terrestrial analog.

There methods of reproduction are still under study (I doubt people would be interested in that, but I can add it in if requested)

Their technology is vary advanced when compared to the Imperium, making use of high impact rail weapons, and refined energy projectors. Each Edolon warrior is bred to be larger, stronger, and faster than the average citizen, with further cybernetic enhancements are mechanized power armor. The utilize back mounted ranged weapons, and retractable foreleg mounted power claws. They also make use of armed drones and larger, mechanized Walkers to supplement their ground troops.

In general they prefer hit and run or deep strike tactics, often avoiding pitched battle in favor of small unit tactics. They specialize in bypassing enemy strong points to destroy critical infrastructure or assassinate key officers.

In space Edolons rely on mostly small, agile attack craft, though they also build large heavy hitters for serious conflicts.

All weapons on Edolonian ships are mounted in such a way that they may rotate and change incline, as to be able to attack a single area with multiple batteries. Edolon ships make use of powerful processor suites that automate much of the targeting, allowing the guns to be slaved to a single operator.

Edolons are isolationist in general, preferring to avoid other sentient races in order to prevent any conflict from occuring. They are known to be very territorial, hunting down and swiftly eliminating anything that violates their territory.

A psychically active race, they have developed a pragmatic approach to the warp and their abilities, that they are tools, to be regulated and controlled. Their emotional range is deep, but subtle, often relying on pheromones and very slight body language virtually unreadable by other races.

Example of an unarmored female Edolon
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lucan Tyrius on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

https://theninecircles.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Edolons of the Shade Dominion Empty Re: Edolons of the Shade Dominion

Post by senera2000 Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am

Is this basically a race of Rumor stormblade?

Also, why does this give me My little Pony vibes?
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Well, they aren't really meant to...
I'm guessing it's the picture?
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:32 pm

They are Horse-like in shape, not just that they are quadpeds, they also have a "mane" and their snouts petrude forward.
They could also be seen as Dragons... with hair.

So the Planet is like Mordian? Could Mordians be employed there since they have a similar climate?

How is it decided, that one becomes a warrior? At birth and they are breed before birth to become them? Or are simply the bigger and stronger ones taken into military service?

Since the race itself is large... and winged?
I'd have thought that they'd be more likely to use bigger spacecrafts, since they probably like to move on longer voyages?

Is it cool to imagine their ships like Tanks? with Turrets? or is it more like guns arround the ship, that rotate like the teeth of a chainsaw?

Ah, there goes my headcanon of the Mordian Eidolon friendship.

Since they convey emotion through pheromones, do they smell good when they are happy? Does it affect humans?
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Well to be fair, males have horns, so maybe more like elk or deer?
And I forgot to mention their epidermis is more akin to a chitinous covering than skin.

Warriors come from specific bloodlines, which are genetically predisposed to being larger.

As for the guns on the ships, I think you misunderstood... I suppose you could compare it to a tank, except it's not just one giant gun, but rather dozens of batteries across the hull.

It doesn't effect humans, the sents are not easily distinguished by human smell.
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:37 pm

You actually mentioned the Scales at some point ;D
Which is why I thought they're kinda like Dragons too, thanks.

So if you'e born into a warrior family, you have to become a warrior.

Alright, got it, thanks :3
do the Gun Batteries on other imperial vessels not have turning turrets tho?

Awwww... could have been fun.
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Well, Lance Batteries on Imperial ships are yes, but they are often outnumbered by Macrocanons mounted on the sides of the ships, which are literally used for broadsides...
Like it's a 1700s sailing ship.
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Ah, I figured that they were on the sides more similar to a Landkreuzer Tank.
You know.
Turrets, but on the side, so you have to be sideways to fire them, like a 18th century ship, but while sideways, they could all fire on one single target.
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:43 pm

But in space that's tactically stupid because it's a three dimensional battlefield.
You have to rotate and aim the largest and most exposed side of your ship at a hostile enemy that could be in any direction from you.
And at the distance the combat would be you'd have to lead the shit out of those shots.

Meaning they're useless against enemies that are more maneuverable.
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 pm

unless you have superiority in Numbers, in which case you can form a line of defense, which is going to be weak when flanked, but can put out a lot of punishment as the main formation on the field.
Since these usually deploy a large Number of smaller, more maouverable ships, to ward against flanking, I'd say it works.

As long of course, as you have such a large Number.
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:40 pm

That's assuming all of the enemy ships attack from one approach vector or direction. If you split the attack up and attack from multiple angles and sides they'd be in chaos, either being forced to regroup or the line will collapse.
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azureal Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 am

Lucan wrote all of this for me, I couldn't be arsed to organize it myself.
Azureal
Azureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:46 am

Azureal? Are you Rumor?
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Azureal Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:36 pm

"Yes, my loyalist-chan, I am indeed, Rumor Stormblade." The tall Edolon pats him on the head.
Azureal
Azureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:41 am

Welcome back.
*Rubs head on hand*

Also, I am not cute, Baka. I'm deadly.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down