Infernus Curculorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Restless Ship - Action

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Restless Ship - Action Empty The Restless Ship - Action

Post by Falco Sanders Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:18 pm

(OOC: This is the thread for all characters heading off for the mechanicus ship in the restless sands RP.)

"Alright men... women... uh... crew? Sorry I'm more used to dealing with kriegsmen and they typically tend to be men... well, actually I've never seen one of their faces but I'd assume they're... Sorry, never mind. Alright come on lets go."
Falco leads you over to Time's Might, a ship of unknown model and design sitting in the hangar, surrounded by the clanks and clanging of servitors and engineseers as they prepare it for spaceflight. He leads you past it, to a waiting tractor-like vehicle towing a large box behind it, which he opens after inputting a simple code, and hauls out several hermetically sealed, space capable suits of carapace armour from its depths.
"Ironically, as it turns out, all the space marines, who can survive in space, have gone to the breathable surface of Restless." Falco takes off his hat and hands it to Lucan, giving him a quick and stern don't fucking loose it look, before continuing "But don't worry, I've got a few old storm trooper boarding suits spare." He takes off his overcoat, sash and shirt, passing them to Zielley "And in the weeks coming here I had one made for everybody's size. Some of you might not need them... I don't know how most of you work but..." He unbuckles his trousers and pulls off his boots, standing confidently before you and horde of servitors wearing nothing but a vest, a rosarius and a pair of grey boxers "Some of do". He takes a quick look down after noticing your shocked faces, then quickly steps into one of the jumpsuit-like carapace suits before picking up one of the helmets. He snatches the clothes off you and shoves them into a small canister he stows under the other arm. "If anybody needs a suit, hurry up and suit up. We don't have all day."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

The Restless Ship - Action Empty Re: The Restless Ship - Action

Post by Runa_Cat Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:00 am

Runa looks at the suits, and opens a small hatch on the exterior, revealing a locker, which has another door on the inside of the ship, and grabs a helmet from the locker, She puts it on with a hiss, and and grabs a rubber sleeve that up until now was hidden underneath the pauldron, and connects it to her gloves, and does the same on the other arm. She also pulls rubber leggings from her codpiece and connects it to her boots. She also grabs what looks to be air tanks, and takes off her cloak, hanging it from the stand the helmet was on, and clips it to the back of her chestpiece, and attaches a hose connecting the tanks to the helmet, then she takes the helmet off.
"Well, I'm ready. "

Last edited by Runa_Cat on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 am

"Man, I was hoping you'd strip." Zielley says, undressing and getting into one of the Carapace suits before dawning Falco's Coat above it.
"Fancy shit. Do the Helmets have Vox?" ,she says, as she picks one Helmet up and tosses her purple rags into a corner.
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Lucan walks over and puts the hat on Zielley's head, patting the top lightly before leaning against the ship

"The look suits you, Madame Commisar."

There was an oddly amused tone in his normally monotonous voice
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

https://theninecircles.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:56 pm

Falco chuckles when he sees Zielley and says "Heh... I suppose you can keep that for now." Before walking off over to Time's might. He clambers up the ladder into the cockpit as the servitors and engine priests that crowd the ships bulk. You watch as welded seams are hastily sanded down and sealed, and as coolant and fuel pipes are detached, dribbling their contents over the wings, fuselage and hangar as the servitors clumsily drag them away. A ramp opens up at the rear of the ship with a slow hiss of hydraulics, and Falco walks casually down it, beckoning you up. The ship consists of a troop bay at the rear with a bulkhead door separating it from the rest of the ship. Behind it is a small living area outfitted with a small kitchen, a few bunks and a table for eating. Presumably this vessel is used for long haul excursions and whatnot. At the front is a small cockpit filled with switches and buttons and a narrow window looking out onto the hangar.
"Runa," Falco says, beckoning to the controls "It's your ship. Take it away."
He walks over to one of the seats and straps himself in, then turns asks "Anybody ever done a boarding action like this before?"

Last edited by Falco Sanders on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:58 am

"Never from this side." Zielley answers while trying to afix the Hat over the Helmet without it covering the visor.
Having somehow succeeded, she salutes to Falco: "Sir, it is an honor!"
before giggling and dawning the helmet.
muffled trough it then: "does this have communication devices?"
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Lucan seemed to be checking his own seals, as he wore void capable armor at all times.

"I have, several times. Though I'll admit I have a bad feeling about this the more I think on it... Like it's a trap. I can't tell you why, but I'd recommend keeping your weapons handy."
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Runa steps in and looks at Falco. "You don't have to sit out here, the sitting area has crash harnesses for it's seats, and we are just going to another orbiting ship, don't really have need for a harness at the moment. Plus the seats in there are much nicer." She looks around, making sure she only counted four, including herself. "Yeah, we would all fit." She then goes to the cockpit, and speaks to her pilot.
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Runa: You watch through the cockpit windows as you speak to the pilot, watching the hangar doors shudder open and the Bloody Carnage's engines scorch the metal plating of the hangar and scream away out into space, hurtling toward the planet bellow. At your orders, the pilot lifts off and begins to move the ship around, skirting near the surface of the Lunar Class Cruiser 'The Metalus Gravus', before pulling away from its vast bulk to the grey smudge in the distance.

Zielley and Lucan:
Falco leans forward and presses in one of the cassette-recorder like buttons on the side of the helmet (You know the ones right?). "There you go. Three local channels there. We'll all go on two. Lucan I assume you can tune in right? If not I've got a few comm beads."
Falco sits down as you all feel the familiarly sickening judder of a ship accelerating. "We've taken off I think..." He says on the comm channel. "And you're right Lucan. Weapons on hand and checked ladies and gents."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Runa returns to the troop bay.
"So, do we have a comms channel? And seriously, the seats in there" pointing to the sitting area "are much nicer. Plus it has a vid screen showing our current target."
She walks over to a smallish hatch near the floor in the back of the troop bay, near the ramp, and opens it, pulling out a couple inferno pistol cartridges, and puts them in individual pouches on her belt.
"Close quarters, right? Would I need my carbine, or should I leave it here. "
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Lucan finds a seat and reached into his coat with his left hand, to just under his right arm. He withdrew a medium sized pistol with a silvery casing and a golden Aquila on either side of the barrel. Those of technical aptitude or an extensive weapons knowledge would recognize it as a Volkite weapon. He began checking it's various parts before returning it to it's holster beneath his arm, and tuning into to the comm frequency Falco mentioned.
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Activating the channel by pressing the button as well, Zielley cautiously asks:
"can you guys hear me?"
She takes out a small shiv and fills one of her syringes with a sludge substance before putting a cloth wrap over the needle and putting it back into her satchel.
"Just in case, if shit goes bad."
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Runa: "I doubt there'll be any fighting, but if there is any it'll be pretty short range. Carbine sounds sensible... and, I think we're alright in here for now. It'll only be a few minutes until we're over at the ship. No need to get too comfortable."

Lucan: You tune in just in time to hear Zielley ask "Just in case, if shit goes bad." whilst tucking some syringes back into her satchel.

Zielley: Falco nods toward the syringes "What are they?"
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:36 pm

"A Frenzon cocktail, To rip some heads off and close up open wounds."
After checking trough her equipment.
"Should I ready some Torpor incase of warp-mad psyker on either side? I also have some Morphine pills incase of bad trauma, should work on any of us."
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:02 pm

She takes the carbine and straps it to her back, a but awkwardly due to the air tanks. "Affirmative, but better safe than sorry. Those passageways can be pretty long."
The Carbine looks more like a small stalker bolter with a pistol grip than a standard bolter, with inquisitorial iconography decorating the stock and action housing.
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:58 am

Lucan doesn't speak any further, simply waiting for the appointed time.
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:14 pm

All: Falco opens his mouth to say something to you all, when a sudden jolt and scream of engines tears its way through the calm. In a moment it has ended, and silence has descended. The back ramp of the troop-bay suddenly hisses open and rolls down. Silently, Falco leads you down the ramp, weapons in hand.

Times Might has landed in the centre of a vast, unlit hangar bay. Its roof is a mass of cranes and hydraulic hauling equipment, as well as suspension cables, presumably used for moving fighters and bombers around, though the bay is seemingly devoid of any. The almost entirely flat plasteel floor is marked only by a vast insignia of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and the numerous black marks of takeoff upon it. At the far end of the bay lie the huge armoured doors that once kept the bay safe from the wrath of the void, but they lie cold, lifeless and broken, opened at jagged angles as if it were manually pulled open by... something. At the other end of the hangar are several massive cargo-lifts, presumably offline.
The entire place is still. Deathly still.

Runa: "We've landed Ma'am." The pilot says over their personal intercom "I'll keep it down here until you return, and keep quiet on this frequency, if you so desire."

Lucan: You notice there is an access shaft to the side of one of the cargo elevators, which is doubtless scalable without power, which you can guess is in short supply on this corpse of a ship.

Zielley: You can sense... something familiar and yet strange... deep within the ship... It troubles you... but you don't know what it is.
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Into her comm "Thank you Aurelia"
She unslings her bolter, and holds it at the ready in one hand, as she pulls out her auspex with the other.
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Looking at the small knife she has Zielley voices her concern over vox:
"bollocks. Sir, I'd bet half my stash that we'll deal with Warpspawn in here. Is there anything on one of your auster-pecks?"
After that, she looks arround and searches for the smell of blood. If there's Corpses, the wounds can be identified.
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Runa: On your Auspex you see no blips around you or in the hangar... wait... Suddenly, you see object rapidly incoming nearby, vertically. Before you can say anything, the signature is hurtling its way down the elevator shaft.

All: Just as you begin to look around, an alarm flashes up on everybody's HUD of potential structural instability nearby. Then, at the end of the hangar in one of the open elevator shafts, a building sized block of steel clatters down from above in a scream of sparks and flame, crashing into the base of the shaft with such force that it breaks apart the welding seams of the metal around it, and throws entire sheets of steel feet into the air. The force throws everybody across the hangar and onto the buckled and bent floor. Standing on the crooked surface, Falco silently begins to pick his way across the ruined floor, over to the smoking wreck of what you can only assume was an elevator carriage. Its faulty, juddering doors spark occasionally to create a momentary bright blue flare across the hangar. Sanders leans in toward the door and hauls it a few feet further open, and out of the carriage spills a pool black ichor, and a limp, ancient body. Its red robes have been soiled by rot, damp and time to become a dark brown, and its bionics are all but corroded to oblivion... but the corpse in-front of you was once quite clearly an engineseer. As are the mountains of corpses pilled within the elevator, each another engineseer, each corroded to little more than the same black bile that now wells around your boots.

"Throne..." Falco whispers uneasily across the comms "What the fuck happened here?"

Zielley: Every time the door sparks you feel uneasy. You cannot explain why...
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Lucan had recovered almost immediately, his sword drawn, flickering with psychic flame as he followed Falco, coming to a stop behind him just as he was questioning what had happened

"Well... We can rule out an accidental malfunction. This... Was deliberate."
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:44 am

"Well, let's check for their wounds, see what killed them."
Carefully, Zielley takes walks closer to examine the Eginseers for their wounds. Silently, she curses herself, for her inability to notice chaos corruption like her fellow cultists can, they'd realize it if these corpses where about to jump up and eat her, or something else within the Elevator.
"Be on your Guard, if there's anything alive in here, it definitly heard this."
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:10 pm

'I... I'm honestly surprised my Auspex picked them up at all. ' she approaches, stumbling a little, seemingly due to the uneven floor
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:26 pm

All: "Yeah..." Falco mutters in response to Lucan's comment "Odd for it to come down just as we did and not before... Possibly deliberate... keep an eye on that auspex Runa, and don't trust the elevators, or any automatic doors or anything like that... Could be controlled from the bridge. What's our plan of action then?"

Zielley: The corpses are dead as dust and unmoving, but all seem to be free of any corruption, dead from what appear to be chain weapons, power claws and bolter rounds. You'd estimate there to be 500 priests, servitors and staff dead in that elevator alone, and the thought of so many dead begins to make you feel a little queasy.

Runa: Your Auspex remains quiet, nothing seems to be coming at you... yet.
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:45 pm

"guys, not only Warpspawn attacked, these Priests clearly got killed by Astarte. They are most likely still alive and certanly know that we are here, if we don't want to pull out right away, we got to move, fast! Falco, please, order a Direction! Not moving will be a quick death, I am sure of it."

Meanwhile, Zielley loots the Corpses for every piece of Ammo and working weapon she can find.
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next