Infernus Curculorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Restless Sands - Action

+4
Runa_Cat
Lucan Tyrius
Muffin Heretic
Falco Sanders
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Restless Sands - Action Empty The Restless Sands - Action

Post by Falco Sanders Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:31 pm

The journey to Restless aboard the Metalus Gravus has taken a few weeks, but as the end of the journey is in sight, hopes are high that it will have been worth it. You've seen little of Falco, tucked away in his quarters and in the bridge, readying his forces and suppressing the constant clamouring of the crew. You've all been given the finest quarters on the ship, asked to ready your weapons, armour and minds for the days ahead. Left alone to relax, read, eat, drink, scheme, tinker and whore in the upper decks, attended by fearful wide eyed servants who obey your every command. On the sixteenth day of the voyage, as the pleasures of aged amsec and fine food begin to dull, you feel the bowel emptying lurch of the ship exiting the warp. A few warning bells sound somewhere far away in the ship and in the private lounge you are all sitting in, the once sealed and bolted plasteel screens unseal, rise and reveal the comforting blackness of space and a dusty beige world floating before you, its small polar icecaps glistening in the sunlight. You have arrived at Restless.

Falco walks down into the lounge, straightening his hat, and takes a moment to admire the view. "Beautiful isn't it? I never get tired of spaceflight." He turns to you and claps his hands "Alright all... We're scanning the planet as we speak... we should have the readings shortly of some ideal places to set up a beachhead in a matter of minutes. Hours at worst. We'll go down on the bloody carnage, meros' thunderhawk and scope out any interesting sites and all that jazz. Should be an easy mission. Nevertheless, be sure to gear up properly. Oh, and I've been told you've been given your teleport homers by the crew already. Those will go off if you're in danger, so don't loose 'em. Take your complementary comm beads too. I think that's it... any questions whist we wait?"
A serf scurries up to Falco, and whispers something in his ear that immediately sours his mood. With a furrowed brow he takes a data slate off the man and begins studying its contents in depth, mumbling quietly to himself. "Hmm... Alright... There's apparently a... What? No... This shouldn't be here, this can't be right, surely?"
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

The Restless Sands - Action Empty Re: The Restless Sands - Action

Post by Apothecary Meros Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Meros affixes his new teleport homer upon his thigh behind his Pistol's holster, though his uneasy pair of eyes never shift from the Commissar. "What's the problem?"

Last edited by Apothecary Meros on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

http://apothecary-meros.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:32 am

Zielley's head appears from a pile of rugs, her eyes bloodshot, she coughs up some leftover vomit, gets up, dusts off, secures the teleport-thing with Bandages underneath her left upper arm and looks to Falco, unable to comprehend in full, what he's trying to say.
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:36 am

Senera wakes from his meditative prayer, yet remains standing like a statue in the Lounge. Having fixed his teleport homer to his left hand along with his Storm shield beforehand, he stands in utter silence.

On the 16 days aboard the Metalus Gravus he had only accomplished one thing in particular.
He had cleaned up and repaired his armor from the battle with the Khornate cult during his stay at the previous Hive where he helped an old friend; Notre Amicus track town a Tzeenchian sorcerer.
Indeed, it was Notre who put him upto this.... this crusade to conquer a new planet in the name of the Imperium and the Emperor. Finally, after a long time, he was fulfilling his purpose. Senera owed Notre a great gratitude.

The rest of his time aboard the ship was spen in mostly isolation either within his room reading or meditating and praying, or in the training room honing his skills.
Any contact that he had with the rest of the crew was when he was brought food and other necessities by the helpful servants, and when he was repairing and maintaining his equipment. Due to this Senera was still unfamilliar with the layout of the ship.

After the Commissar speaks his piece, Senera takes of the comm beads offered and return to his post.
Then, without moving his head, he looks at the Commissar to see what his distress is.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:17 am

The world eater known as Segovax "The butcher" enters the lounge room with the clang of his armoured boots striking the decking, being the last one to arrive he walks past two serfs who recoil in fear, the Butchers random psychotic episodes leaving many of their number as blood paste needing to be scraped off the roof. Not making eye contact he takes a spot secluded from everyone else, his hands curling into fists methodically in rage and pain 'Make it quick, the nails torture me today' he growls through his helms vox.
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:44 am

Lucan sat in the far corner of the room, away from everyone else. No one had seen him eat or drink, nor sleep the entire time. Though he would wander off at times for several hours... His metalic plague doctor mask made a light inflection on each inhilation, the lenses of the eyes glowing a light green. He spoke not a word but simply lifted his head to look at Falco from across the room.
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

https://theninecircles.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Runa looks out the window "Hmm. Now I'm wishing I had brought Armin with me on this." Turning to Falco "Thunder Hawks are traditionally not equipped to handle us mortals. I'd rather take my own ship, Times Might, which is. It's also equipped to handle Space Marines, aswell as it's a smaller target."
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm

All: Falco puts up a hand to silence those speaking, and contemplates the data slate for a moment. "All... right... Um..."He rubs his chin in concern and furrows his brow more before shrugging. "There's a crippled mechanicus vessel in orbit. And when I say that... well, it's pretty much completely destroyed." He taps the slate  a few times, and the flickering pict feed appears on the large screen at the back of the lounge.

The Restless Sands - Action B0cfeea22b574d19a3d5654b85b4353c--warhammer--space-opera

"The question is, what killed it? This system is supposed to have little more than feral orks in nothing that could take out such a well armed vessel... perhaps its gellar fields went down and it got washed up here but... I doubt it. In any case, I think I'd like to make an expedition over to it to find out what's going on with that, make sure we're safe and all. I suppose anybody who wants to come along can... Probably be quite dull if all goes well..."

"In any case, we should press on with landing and setting up. It'll take a while. Runa, the bloody carnage has ferried me safely through enough for me to trust its machine spirit. You'll be fine on it. That said... if you want to go down in your own ship, I don't think any of us would mind. I suppose more air support would be handy. Meros, I'm giving you command of that whilst I check out this ship. I'll take an Arvus down when we're done there. Set up a beacon as soon as you can. Somewhere high preferably... Oh and, land near the poles. It's not nice around the middle." He claps, looking optimistic "Right, that should be it. We'll all go to the hangar now I guess and get to our ships."

You get into a large lift room, larger than the lounge and big enough to fit a large tank in with ease. With thudding mechanical crunches, it begins to work its way down to the hangar, whilst you are left to ask questions and talk.

(OOC: Going with Falco will take you on a short side quest to the mechanicus ship before going down to Restless, going with Meros will send you directly to the surface of Restless without interruption. Both will have cool bits, and in the end everybody will end up on Restless an on the main story eventually, worry not.)
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm

"Lets hope the adepts aboard that vessel didn't send out any calls for help, or we'll have some unwanted guests very soon." Meros grumbles, looking around at the assembled remains of the Ordo Relayus. "Whoever's coming to the surface with me, make your intentions clear now."
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucan Tyrius Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:15 pm

"I wish to go with the team to the Mechanicus vessel. I have some knowledge of technical systems and can identify valuable salvage."
Lucan Tyrius
Lucan Tyrius
Admin

https://theninecircles.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:06 pm

"I too would like to go to the vessel. This way we can take my ship there and to the surface.
Plus, it has Inquisitorial access codes, which will allow us safe entrance to a hanger or docking bay"
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:48 pm

I will travel directly to the surface. My skills are better used at range than in boarding actions.
Norabder
Norabder

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 am

Zielley stands herself next to Falco.
"Sir, I can't provide anything in the open field, maybe there's stuff to ste- find up there for me as well."
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:00 pm

After listening to the plan and listening to who is going where and after realizing that the surface expedition is currently undermanned, Senera makes his reply.
"I will join the expedition to the surface. Who shall have the honour of carrying the banner of the Imperium down to the surface?"

He might not e fully equipped for a ranged fight, but his shield can protect him against almost anything, his inferno can still be used at longer ranges, despite being less effective, and if need be he still has legs to charge the enemy who is firing at him from far away.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:55 am

Segovax with a hiss of gas takes off his helmet, his face wild and unkempt with scars covering his face, one eye milky from one blade that got too close, he massages his temples to keep the butchers nails at bay 'Planet!...' he growls
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:58 pm

The elevator grinds to a halt, and its metres thick steel doors slide open to the hangar. Within, lies the familiar sight of the blood angels thunder hawk 'The Bloody Carnage', and another ship, 'Times might', both attended by crews of servitors and wreathed in welding sparks and coolant mist.

"Well, looks like this is where we split off then. Runa, Lucan and Zielley are going with myself to that mechanicus vessel and Segovax, Meros, Norabder and Senera are going with Meros to the surface. Well... Good luck to you all."

(OOC: The RP will now split. The crew going with Meros will remain on this thread and await his post before proceeding. He will take over GMing the ground team, and this thread. My crew will follow me down to the ship, and I will GM that on a separate thread I am opening now, and will link on the discord.)
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:09 pm

(I'll do a proper GM post for next turn, as I can't add more to what Falco has written already for you.)

"All aboard, cousins, for a great bounty awaits us - provided none of you take any offense to the idea of cleansing a few  shrivrlled Ork ferals." Meros laughs, with a clearly mordacious tone. He gestures farewell to the Commissar, as he boards his Thunderhawk's open troop-bay and promptly proceeds to the cockpit.
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Do we have an exact location on the orks yet or are we going to have to search for the greenskins?
Norabder
Norabder

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:00 pm

"The filthy Xenos will perish in the name of the Imeprium" Senera says as he gets into the thunderhawk.
Senera gets into the Thunderhawk, and after a second, notices the heretic in their midst.
He then quickly get his weapons ready and points his hammer at the World Eater.
"By the Emperor...., HERETIC SCUM!"
Senera then addresses Meros, "In the name of the Emperor and the throne, why is there a filthy heretic in this holy mission of the Imperium?!"
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:43 pm

(Sorry Segovax)

The engines spool up, and the front hatch starts to slowly grind to a close. Dim, red lights flood the interior, though the Astartes are all very capable of seeing through the darkness.

Norabder
"The last available scans of the planet show basic settlements, along the border between the desert and the poles. We'll be landing in the sand, as close as we can get without being spotted, hopefully." Meros' eyes sink and darken, as Senera exclaims his dislike of the heretic amongst them. "Give me a moment; head to the cockpit if you like."

Senera
He turns to the Templar, as Segovax boards the Thunderhawk. "He's here because he's just as much of an ally to us as you are. Segovax is willing to put his Chaotic alignment aside for our cause, so maybe just this once, you can cut him some slack and watch each other's backs." Meros replies, possibly bending the truth to avoid the Templar's wrath.

Segovax
You find the seat in the troop bay to be surprisingly comfortable. What's more, a lucrative array of weapons appears on the hull opposite.
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Senera looks at the Apothecary with fury for a moment. "Fine", he replies with restrained fury.
He then turns to the Khornate and points his Thunderhammer at him, "But know this Khornate, I am watching you"
Senera then takes a seat in the crew compartment of the Thunderhawk, and stays there with his weapon drawn and the head of the thunderhammer resting on the floor of the ship.
He then takes a moment to calm himself down with a short prayer to the Emperor.
Afterwards, Senera takes a closer look at the weapons on display checking to see if there is a boltgun among them. If he is headed to a place which favours ranged engagements, carrying a ranged weapon would be wise.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Segovax Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:22 pm

Segovax sees Senera rant and rave with his thunder hammer in hand, the sound dims to background noise as the nails scream for bloodshed, he imagines every possible way to kill the fool. Blade, fist, bench, airlock, the list plays out behind his eyes where the blood madness lies 'Bring your dog to heel Meros' he pushes past the black templar and looks as the weapon rack looking for a heavy bolter of sorts.
Segovax
Segovax

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:33 pm

*turns to Meros*
Do you think we'll make it to the orks before these two nutters come to blows?
Norabder
Norabder

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:02 am

Norabder
"I'm sure the prospect of greenskins is enough to keep them patient." The Apothecary grins, swinging himself up the ladder to the cockpit level. Norabder feels a slight tremor which tests his balance, and a rumbling sound floods the gunship. "I'd find yourself a seat or get up here, we're about to begin atmospheric entry." Meros adds, accessing the cockpit and holding the door open.

Senera
The World Eater makes his way past the Templar - armour growling with every warp-tainted step - to the long wall of weapons, standing a couple of metres away. At Senera's end, a brutally crafted yet finely maintained Heavy Bolter buckles in it's restraints as the Thunderhawk cuts through the void and closer to Restless' restless atmosphere. It has no magazine, and instead is fed by a large belt which trails along the floor; the barrel from which these bolts are fired has a sharp, jagged rim. A couple of Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, and a rack of several Lasguns collected from the noble warriors of the Astra Militarum consume the void between the two Astartes. The hull around you vibrates with the familiar sensation of atmospheric entry.

Segovax
The Templar strides toward the array of weapons and you both sensibly keep your distance. The space on the wall before the legionary is consumed by a pair of Godwyn pattern bolters: one is equipped with a glowing scope along the top rail, while the more physically beaten-up Boltgun proudly sports a chainsaw bayonet. A couple of Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, and a rack of several Lasguns looted from the False Emperor's glorified canon fodder consume the void between the two Astartes. The hull around you vibrates with the familiar sensation of atmospheric entry.
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:54 am

Senera walks upto the World Eater, eyes burning with defiance, and returns the favour by shoving him away using his Storm Shield.
Senera then takes the Godwyn pattern bolter with the scope attachment and maglocks it to his thigh.
He then takes a seat in the Thunderhawk and braces for atmospheric entry.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next