Infernus Curculorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1943 - Operation Inferno [Action]

+2
Muffin Heretic
Falco Sanders
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1943 - Operation Inferno [Action] Empty 1943 - Operation Inferno [Action]

Post by Falco Sanders Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Early in the morning, a grocery truck turned up at your hotel, where all of you were booked in at, and, as you had been previously informed, you all got your suitcases and slipped into the back before the sky was so much as orange. The journey down the muddy lanes was dull, the truck was dark inside, and you were tired, so you all remained fairly silent as it trundled its way across the British southern coast.
Eventually, the truck pulled up at some unwanted farm-buildings, and you were thrust out of the back and separated from your belongings and each other. Medical tests were hastily done at each of you, doctors inspecting every scratch and bruise in impressive detail. Eventually, you are packed into overly starched British Military uniform, neatly pressed and cleaned, almost new, and sent into a large, low ceilinged bunker arrangement you presumed to be bellow the farmhouses and barns. Your colleagues soon arrived, along with some other brass you have not truly met yet.

"Alright, listen up." One of them calls, a tall man in well worn, practical uniform and green beret, with a neatly trimmed pencil moustache. He takes out a map and lays it on the table. It is of Guernsey and its Bailiwick, and you notice that it is a fairly old map. [See fig. 1]
"Sorry about the age... we don't have a great deal of maps about this old place, so sorry. That said each of you will have a copy of these in your pack. Now... In 1940 2nd Lieutenant Hubert Nicolle was taken via submarine transport to here." He gestures to the sea to the south of the Island. "And he used a canoe to get up on to this beach here." [See fig. 2] "He did this twice, caught on the second time after he failed to rendezvous... some locals got him an old uniform though, so the krauts couldn't kill him for espionage, hence your uniforms. Put those on if there is any chance of capture. They get you in civ clothing and you're dead meat. Nevertheless, he got in easily, twice. And the Nazi's still don't know how he got into the Island. This is how you're going to do it too. Submarine in, get on a little boat, and sail right into here, as the arrows say. That should all be fine. Please, questions at the end. Now..."
He gestures to the eastern side of the island, to a little outcropping. "This is the Nazi's stronghold on the Island. A fort, castle cornet, that we've used for centuries. Bloody ancient, and now they've outfitted it with everything they can get their hands on. Part of Mr Hitlers 'Atlantic Wall'. Now we expect this place to be heavily armed, and heavily defended... but in all truth, it's the only fortification we know they have... other than that it's a guessing game. Which is why you're going along. We want you to find where they've got airfields, artillery, bunkers, hospitals... any scrap of information regarding the war effort. We're looking over how to re-take Europe, Ladies and Gentlemen, and this place may be the key. But we need to know what we're up against. Radio in to us on the frequencies your CO holds, that being Alex Anson, or Sunray. Also use it when you need extraction, and we'll get the sub out there... but we can't pick you up if the Krauts know we're coming... If it all goes really tits up gentlemen... then I'd advise you to knick a boat and make for the south coast of gods green country. The sea gives more quarter than the Nazi's these days... Anyway... Good luck, ladies and gentlemen. You're going right into the unknown here... but we trust you'll do your best and you'll deliver. Any questions?"

Fig 1:

Fig 2:
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

1943 - Operation Inferno [Action] Empty Re: 1943 - Operation Inferno [Action]

Post by Apothecary Meros Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:41 pm

"Sir" Miroalav begins, "what... what happened to Lieutenant Nicolle?" He asks, seeming uneasy about the soldier's fate on the island.
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

http://apothecary-meros.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:53 pm

"I said didn't I?" He responds gruffly "Locals gave him a uniform they found and he turned himself in to the Krauts. Spending the war in peace in some POW camp."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:26 pm

"PoW" Anton repeats: "Gott hab erbamen" he does a cross, bows his head and takes off his hat.
Tilting his head back up he regards to the tall man.
"Ask two asks." He looks apologeticly.
"We go laik arrow witz boot, laik Lieutenant Nikkol , Nazis expekt not."
Anton points at each individual.
"Go all-one or teem? How much boots?"
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:59 am

"Let's get started.", Senera says, standing in the back with his arms crossed.
senera2000
senera2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:10 am

(2nd Lt. Nicolle was real and did actually survive the war.)
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:56 am

Sir, the main objective seems to be gathering of intelligence does this mean we are to avoid action or do we have permission to hit targets of opportunity?
Norabder
Norabder

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 am

She looks at the map, then looks up and, with a slight French accent, ask "Wouldn't wearing British military uniforms get us killed? 'Specially if we are snooping around their bases" she turns to look at the Austrian "What did you say?"
To the man leading this, "If we are able to take out targets of opportunity, my satchel will come in very handily, and I can restock using kraut munitions. Make them think they have a traitor in their midst."
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm

"We want intelligence first and foremost, but it's up to your discretion if you think you can give them a run for their money. It'd probably blow your cover, however, so keep that in mind."

"We don't expect you to wear those uniforms at all times, of course. However, if you're forced into a position were you'll have to hand yourselves in, put them on before you do. If you're not in uniform, you'll be classed as a spy, and then the SS will be the ones dealing with you if it's not the firing squad."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:57 pm

(He survived the war, but Anton here knows about the German Camps and wouldn't think he'd survive)

"I waant ask how much Boots we have." Anton tells Septima about what he said. He takes out his dictionary and repeats: "Number of ze Boots at our..." he flips a few pages: "dispoosal."
He looks back at the tall man: "Soo, we go Teem or each with self?"
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm

"Will we have a stockpile of ammunition to resupply? My satchel is good for two uses, and I can only really carry one. Plusw they are more powerful than the Kraut ones. Be nice to have another in case we come across something heavy."
Looking at the Austrian again "Are you asking how many boats we will have?"
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:26 am

"It's a strong empl- ... wait... emplacement." He begins, recalling that word he recently learned, but able to pronounce it easily due to almost a year learning English in Britain. "So, I would guess that they have large stock... stock... ah, stockpiles of arms and ammunition. I think I would be correct to say that this would be a good chance to resupply, and obtain valuable Intel." He finds the Austrian humorous, but doesn't wish to show it in the presence of the British officer.
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:26 am

"You'll each have a kayak to get to the shore in, then that's it. Stow them somewhere the Nazi's won't find them otherwise you'll all have to swim back. The island has more than a few other boats though, little fishing boats, that sort."

"We have no weapons or ammunition hidden on the island for you... You'll have to scrounge what you can find. Conserve what you can, I'd think."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:08 am

"How big is the island? I've never been too good at reading maps. Will we land in the same area? Are they wooden kayaks? Can they be disassembled for easier hiding?"
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:30 am

The Slovak finds a chair and waits.
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:40 pm

"Did you even listen to the briefing? Yes, you're all landing at this beach."
*He points to fig. 2*
"And I've not been briefed on the nature of the kayaks, either."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Anton flips trough the pages of his dictionary and is appereantly puzzled, he walks over to Miroalav and asks him: "Co je to kayaks? Ĩolni?" (he asks him what Kayaks are, if they boats.)
turnint to the tall man he asks: "When do we go?"
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:20 am

What uniform will we be given, I can't wear my own uniform as the Germans count commandos as spies regardless of whether they're in uniform or not.
Norabder
Norabder

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:01 am

"Good question, 2nd Lieutenant. We'll give you all standard British RAF Flying Attire. You can claim you're from a shot down plane... tell them that you washed up on the beaches or some such if they nab you. "

"And yes, Kayaks are a sort of one man boat. Uses a paddle to steer. Not that hard to figure out if you've not used one, and the water's not that deep."
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 am

"i have an accent. And I'm a woman. They know I'm 'not' military. It would probably be better if I had a nurse's uniform, and say that I was a passenger on the plane when it got shot down, something similar with the Austrian. Really, the only one who can pull it off is the LT."
Runa_Cat
Runa_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:23 pm

"I play mute." Anton tells Rose, then adds: "if get captured..." He holds his gun to his head and motions to Rose: "better not be woman. Better be dead."
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Falco Sanders Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 am

*He sighs, and rubs the bridge of his nose*

"It doesn't matter if they know you're not from our military. If you hand yourselves in, in uniform, and declare yourself a military target, then by the laws of the Geneva convention, you will be sent to a POW camp, rather than shot as a spy would be. If this concept is too strenuous on your fragile minds, then by god I wonder why you were picked for this mission. Now I'm damn fed up to here with explaining every little, simple, concept to you lot... So this is your final chance to ask any actually important question."

"AND YOU, KRAUT! GET THAT GUN OFF YOUR FUCKING HEAD BEFORE THE TRIGER GOES OFF YOUR MO-RON." Another, American man yells "FIRST RULE OF HANDLING A WEAPON: DO NOT POINT IT AT ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO KILL, OR TO DESTROY. AND I ASSUME YOU DO NOT WANT TO KILL YOURSELF, DO YOU FRITZ? NOW PUT THAT DAMN THING AWAY!"

(Look we all know the Nazi's were bad but if you declared yourselves a military target and handed yourself in, you would go to a POW camp, not a concentration camp, you wouldn't be raped or anything either. So fucking stop, alright? This is the wehrmacht on the island, not the waffen SS.)
Falco Sanders
Falco Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Will we receive any special training for this mission or are the skills we have currently deemed up to the job?
Norabder
Norabder

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 am

The Slovak stands back up and stands near Anton. "A Kayak would be a good form of insertion, that is, if we ever leave and start the mission. At this rate the war will be over before we deploy."
Apothecary Meros
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 am

Anton looks at the man confused: "We aksed the important questions, I'm just waiting now. Also name is Anton."
He shows his cartridge
"gun not loaded."
He puts the Cartridge back into a pocket and shows the gun from the side, pointing at the roundish ending:
"look, Schlagbolzen not ready, is save, I am not stupid."
He gets his dictionary out and mumbles: "Gottverdammt, you no have word for this."

(The gun he's wielding is a cavalary gun, designed to be very safe, as such it had a locking mechanism which had to be crocked first, your officer would however not know - the gun beeing austrian - so this reaction makes sense. It's the mechanism that inspired the Glock's safety.
Also, although WE know how PoW'S worked, just to say this again: Anton doesn't, since he was handled like a PoW in the past and was to be killed, he would expect the same to happen again. Take it chill Falco.)
Muffin Heretic
Muffin Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next